Yahoo Over 55s Bushwalkers
GENERAL INFORMATION - For Members and Visitors
· Most walks will be within an 80km driving distance from Mandurah. i.e. 160km return.
· Walks are normally between 12 – 20km and are designed as all day walks.
· The Winter walks are definitely bushwalks and may be quite strenuous. Participants need to be of a reasonable level of physical fitness.
· Some Summer walks can be lengthy – check the program
· If in doubt as to your physical fitness, please seek medical advice.
· Unless shown otherwise on the walk calendar, departure from car pooling meeting places will be at 7.30am sharp in winter, or 7.00am in Summer.
· Almost ALL walks are on Thursdays, but there are some exceptions
· Winter bushwalks are from April – October.
· Summer beach, estuary and river walks are from November – March.
· For various reasons dogs or other animals are not permitted on walks.
· Members must be over 55 years of age. (Spouses, partners may be under 55, and members may invite persons under 55)
· After completion of two walks, visitors are must apply for membership before they can walk again with the Club.
· A membership fee is due on acceptance of membership. If a person not eligible for membership comes on regular walks, they will be asked to donate the same fee to the Club annually. As at March 2014, the fee is $10.
· Non-members, guests and visitors accept that the club is not liable for any accident occurring during any club activity.
· We do not rubbish the bush. What you take in with you, you take out, including food scraps.
As noted in the section "About Us", we use a simple walk grading system, but if you are accustomed to the International Grading System, the following shows the approximate relationship
Sport and recreation clubs build stronger, healthier, happier and safer communities.